WHAT IS DAWES-REDMAN CTG ANALYSIS?
- It is a unique software tool which provides a numeric analysis of the CTG trace and a robust interpretation based on the worldrenowned Dawes-Redman Criteria.
- This is the result of the largest study of its type ever undertaken, conducted by Professors Dawes, Redman et al, at Oxford University.
WHY IS IT NEEDED?
- Because the traditional approach of assessing a trace by eye is based on highly subjective opinion. This has been shown to be a major problem.
- Because communication based on subjective opinion (“It looks a bit flat”) has also been shown to be associated with poor outcomes.
- Because training is often very limited.
“ Having identified the problems with traditional CTG interpretation, and after dedicating over 35 years’ on-going research with the team at Oxford University, I’m delighted to see our analysis increasingly being used worldwide in Huntleigh’s products… knowing the benefit this gives in helping babies to enter the world safely & avoiding some of the tragic outcomes we see when CTG interpretation goes wrong. ” Professor Chris Redman
DAWES-REDMAN ANALYSIS CAN HELP BY: IMPROVING OUTCOMES
- It is a powerful aid to pregnancy management and has the potential to avoid poor outcomes.
- With results in as little as 10 minutes it can speed up the time taken to perform CTGs.
Avoiding just one poor outcome can save £, $, € millions!!
COMPLIMENTING YOUR SKILLS YOUR EXPERT EYE
- It’s like having an expert assistant at the bedside, with many years’ experience, who remembers every trace they’ve ever seen and knows the outcomes.
- An expert who never gets tried, however long the shift, never takes a break, holidays or get sick.
REASSURANCE YOU CAN RELY ON
- It’s based on the largest evidence based of its type in the world.
- It’s supported by over 70 peer reviewed papers.
WHERE CAN I GET THE DAWES-REDMAN CTG ANALYSIS?
The University of Oxford has exclusively licensed its proprietary Dawes-Redman CTG Analysis software to Huntleigh and is available in a number of formats. Our range of fetal monitors include this feature as standard*, delivering the power of the Dawes-Redman analysis to the bedside with no added equipment, clutter or complications.
More powerful versions of the Dawes-Redman analysis are available as options in our range of CTG 'Viewing & Archiving' software systems. This includes enhanced reports, added features such as graphic trends of key data through the pregnancy, electronic archiving of the analysis, along with the CTG trace and more.
To read our full Guide on Avoiding CTG Misinterpretation please visit the News section of our website.